Did you know you have free and easy marketing tools right at your fingertips? In your Merchant Toolkit, you can create Posts, coupon codes, storewide discounts and opt in to our highly successful Credit Rewards Program. Whether you’re a brand new merchant (welcome!) or an experienced seller, it’s important to brush up on the many ways you can instantly increase your sales potential and ensure you’re maximizing your reach on a regular basis.
Here are some easy ways to take advantage of your built-in marketing tools:
The Credit Rewards Program: Hands-Free Marketing
Make sure you’ve opted in to the Credit Rewards Program! Join other successful merchants and increase your exposure without lifting a finger.
Here’s how it works:
- Customers can use “credits” to shop on OpenSky. These can either be earned or given during our high-traffic promotions called Credit Events.
- By opting in to the Credit Rewards Program, you’ll automatically be promoted during Credit Events, and customers will be able to take a certain percentage off your products (20%-70%) using their credits.
- You can set your credit level by choosing your desired percentage. (You can change this credit limit at any time.)
Remember, only enrolled merchants can take advantage of Credit Events and you can opt out at any time.
Posts: Your Most Powerful (& Free!) Marketing Tool
Have you Posted lately? If not, you may be missing out on your most powerful—and free—marketing tool.
- Posts are simple communications that are fast, free and easy to create.
- Posts broadcast across your followers’ feeds on OpenSky and social channels.
- You instantly increase your sales potential when you post.
- Emails triggered to OpenSky shoppers from Posts are twice as good at driving sales than general marketing emails because messages are tailored to each shopper.
Learn more about Posts here.
Posts with a Punch: Best Practices
- Post about your best and most popular products.
- Create best-selling Posts by including beautiful imagery and limited-time promos.
- It’s OK, talk about yourself! Include product-related tips and inspiration, and behind-the-scenes features such as tours of your space.
Want some easy examples to get you started? Get inspiration here.
All Hail the #Hashtag: Increase Your Posting Power
- Hashtags are an easy addition to your Posts and automatically link to other content that has the same hashtag.
- By adding hashtags to all your Posts, you make them more discoverable to shoppers browsing trending hashtags.
Cash in on trending hashtags by familiarizing yourself with hashtags that sell.
Ready to get started? Put together a weekly schedule of Posts (just remember to post properly and keep the content fresh for your customers), and get going on an easy (and fun!) way to get the word out about your amazing products and story.
You can always refer to these helpful tutorials for everything you need to know about posting. As we head into the holiday season (yes, it’s still hot out but it’s time to start preparing), you’ll need to familiarize yourself with the promotional tools that will come in handy during the height of the shopping season.