Important Changes to Our Merchant Agreement
Plus a service that simplifies sales tax compliance
Changes to our Merchant Agreement took effect on December 1—and you want to listen up. Updates affect:
- When you get paid
- How we determine late shipments
- How we handle certain returns
- And more
Read on for details and to learn about a great service that can help simplify sales tax compliance.
5 changes you need to know about
1. We now process payments on the 15th and the last day of every month, instead of the 10th and 25th.
This means that if you process orders from the 1st to the 15th of the month, you’ll get paid on the last day of the month. If you process orders from the 16th to the end of the month, you’ll get paid on the 15th of the following month.
Please keep in mind that banks take 2 to 3 business days to process payments.
2. We now use “prepared for shipment” dates to determine delinquent shipments.
Orders are “prepared for shipment” once a shipping carrier receives your request for a label, or once you mark an order “processed.” If you do both, we’ll use the date the carrier receives your request as the “prepared for shipment” date.
3. We have a new Declaration of Authentic Goods Statement. You may be asked to submit this if we need to verify the authenticity of your goods, or to ensure they don’t infringe on someone else’s rights.
4. We may ask for more info (including photos) to resolve situations in which you receive returns in un-resalable condition.
5. We can edit your listings to optimize them. Revisions will not change the product being sold or the amount you will receive in the event of a sale.
See full details on all our changes in our Help Center.
Partner Spotlight: TaxJar
TaxJar makes sales tax compliance simple by taking the pain out of reporting and filing your sales tax returns. Worried you’re not handling sales tax correctly? Never fear, TaxJar’s Sales Tax 101 for Online Sellers guide will answer your questions and put your mind at ease. Start your 30-day risk free trial of TaxJar today!
From Auctiva EDU & The OpenSky Merchant Blog
The Psychology Of The Sell
Think like the buyer you are.
By Dennis L. Prince
It doesn’t take a twirling gold pocket watch to get into the minds of your buyers and encourage them to buy more from you. Actually, there’s nothing very hypnotic about employing everyday psychology to sell more. Read Story
Business Blossoms On OpenSky
Amaryllis finds marketing partner, success.
By Brad and Debra Schepp
A night of mobile browsing led Ben Tabai to explore selling online. Today, he and his girlfriend and business partner, Anita Shokouhi, have a successful business, thanks in part to a great marketing partner. Read Story
Merchant Newsletter | December 2, 2015