Welcome to Simplified Promos
Plus, respond to reviews like a pro & learn about funding that can help your biz grow.
Good news! Promos are officially simplified as of today. Learn more about how this new approach will benefit you and save you time.
Not sure how to respond to product reviews? We’ve got tips on how to do it well. Plus, if you need funding to grow your business, our new partnership can help.
Simplified Promos Are Here
Our new simplified approach to promotions started today, and that means:
- Discounts and Credits will no longer “stack.” Shoppers will only be able to use one or the other when they buy from you.
- You’ll only have to set one maximum discount for all of your products to be eligible for our marketing promotions.
- Welcome to hands-free promos! We’ll create all promotions going forward and they will be sitewide.
Be sure to check your new Maximum Allowed Discount (the maximum discount you’ll give all of your products during a promotion) on your new “Settings” page of your “Marketing” tab in your Merchant Toolkit.
As you’ll recall, we set this for you based on your Credit and Sitewide Coupon Code ceilings so your products can be eligible for OpenSky promotions.
You can make any adjustments you’d like. Just keep in mind that the higher your discount, the more promos your products will be eligible for.
A few other things changed, too, as we retired:
- New Follower, Loyalty, Love and Beta Discounts
- The “Customers” section
- All mentions of creating or posting promos
- Any storewide and product-specific promos you had going
- And individual Credits for inviting friends to OpenSky
If you missed our last newsletter, check it out to see the full details about our simplified OpenSky promotions.
Respond to Reviews the Right Way
As your products get reviewed, you may find yourself wanting to respond to answer a shopper’s question, clear up confusion or just provide more information. And you should! Responses can be the determining factor for future shoppers as they decide whether they’ll buy.
Not sure how to compose your response? Here are some tips:
- Explain: If a reviewer has a question or needs more information on your product, give the shopper the insight he or she seeks. This will help the reviewer and future shoppers, too.
- Be precise: Only address the reviewer’s concerns. Don’t respond to multiple reviews in one response. Specific information is much more helpful. Plus, it shows you’ve heard your shopper.
- Don’t take reviews personally: We all have opinions, and we should all be able to voice them. We’ll never publish reviews that contain personal attacks, and we’ll follow the same rule when it comes to responses. If something really upsets you, wait a few minutes to cool off and then respond.
Keep in mind that we review all responses before we post them, so you may want to check out our response guidelines as you craft your comments.
Get the Business Funding You Need
Businesses often need additional money to grow, and our recent partnership with Kabbage can make getting funds easier.
Apply today for a line of credit from Kabbage of up to $100,000 based on your business’ real-time data. Use the line of credit to buy more inventory, stock your shipping supplies or boost your Co-Pilot marketing efforts. Use the funds to take your business to the next level.
You won’t pay any fees to establish your line of credit. You’ll only pay fees on the funds you take, and qualified merchants can get access to funds in minutes.
More than 50,000 businesses have trusted Kabbage to help them grow. Apply today!
From Auctiva EDU & The OpenSky Merchant Blog
How To Stay Relevant
Listening is a must.
By Dennis L. Prince
How do you stand out in a sea of merchants? By being relevant, of course. For businesses, that means establishing a presence and process to become part of your shoppers’ lives. Read Story
PowerSeller talks tricks and staying on top
By Brad and Debra Schepp
Ron Saxton has been selling online for 18 years. In that time he’s tested the waters on Amazon, but both he and his current employer agree that eBay is the best fit for their business model. Read His Story