Distribution Programs: Overview & Requirements
OpenSky distribution programs afford OpenSky brands additional opportunities for sales and exposure on large, national retail platforms. This is part of our mission to help you grow your business both on and beyond OpenSky.
Brands that are chosen to participate in OpenSky distribution programs ship quickly, have beautiful product imagery, and can commit to the firm inventory requirements of our partners.
All distribution programs will require you to ship with 48 hours of receiving your order with a packing slip inside the box. If any brand fails to meet these requirements, they will not be invited to participate in future programs.
How you receive orders: All orders you receive from distribution programs will flow directly into your OpenSky dashboard, making fulfillment easy and seamless for you.
How you are paid: You will be paid within 40 days of receipt of the order.
Products selected for LivingSocial distribution will be merchandised on LivingSocial.com for 14 days. Brands whose products are deemed a success by LivingSocial may be asked to participate in sales on a regular basis after the first run.
The LivingSocial distribution program is managed as a wholesale arrangement, which is different from the revenue share you regularly have with OpenSky. All orders are fulfilled via drop ship. You will provide us with your best wholesale price and your best retail price; from there, we will work with you and LivingSocial to price your item as competitively as possible to sell large volume.
We’re looking for products across all OpenSky categories. There are immediate opportunities for brands, and we are also planning up to 12 weeks in advance. So, if you are able to reserve the required inventory for a later date, you may submit for a future promotion.
Living Social: Requirements for Submission
– You must submit your best wholesale price available for the product you are submitting, taking into consideration the potential volume of the promotion.
– You must have a minimum of 1,000 units of the item, though we prefer items with upwards of 2,000 units.
– We will consider products across price ranges, but our focus is on goods that can drive $20,000+ in sales.
Submit your LivingSocial product here
OpenSky Fresh Finds, only at Sears: Overview
Within the next two weeks, we will begin an exclusive distribution program with Sears, one of the nation’s top 10 largest retailers. The program, called OpenSky Fresh Finds, only at Sears, will launch first on Sears.com, with dedicated in-store displays to follow shortly thereafter.
Sears has been a retail powerhouse for generations, and we are thrilled to be partnering with them to bring the Sears shopper OpenSky’s unique and inspiring brands.
Every week, OpenSky Fresh Finds, only at Sears will showcase a new collection of apparel, accessories, and lifestyle goods around one of the season’s exciting trends. The first three collections have been fully confirmed and are now closed, with the themes “Celebrate America”, “Love-a-Fair”, and “Rio.” Brands that were accepted into these first collections have been contacted, and will be informed of the confirmed launch date very shortly.
We are now accepting submissions for the next four collections.
Brands that are selected to participate in the OpenSky Fresh Finds, only at Sears program will ship orders using a Sears UPS account–Sears pays for shipping on all orders! In store, the OpenSky Fresh Finds, only at Sears displays will showcase several styles from the week’s featured collection. Customers will purchase products via tablet at the in-store display, and orders will be shipped to customers.
OpenSky Fresh Finds, only at Sears: Requirements for Submission
– In order to be considered for an upcoming OpenSky Fresh Finds, only at Sears collection, you must complete the OpenSky Fresh Finds, only at Sears submission form in full. You will complete one application per product.
– For each product you submit, you must submit a UPC code. If your product has variations (size, color, etc.) you must submit a unique UPC for each variation. If you do not already have UPCs for your products, you may buy them at http://buyabarcode.com.
– You must be able to offer a 20% discount on your product(s).
– You must provide us with your UPS account information (for address validation). Please note, Sears is paying for shipping.
– You must set aside a minimum of 20 units, but 50+ are preferable. The objective of the program is to introduce Sears’s national audience to OpenSky’s innovative brands—therefore, we’re looking for brands with sufficient inventory to cover a national audience.
Please review the inspiration images for the four summer collections we are currently composing–only products that fit these concepts will be considered for the next four collections:
1. Safari Chic: Think rustic, animal prints, khaki, army green, cargo, denim.
2. Away at Sea: Think light, easy & breezy, shades of blue and yellow, stripes, ocean motifs, sailor rope.
3. Mad for Metallics: Think preppy, feminine, metallic, polka dots, celebratory!
4. Funky Patterns: Think bold, playful, mixing prints and textures, edgy.
Ready to apply? Complete and submit your Sears Distribution form here.
*Please note that due to the volume of applications, we will only be able to follow up directly with brands that are chosen for these programs.*