Do you see failure lurking behind every corner?
If so, there are two issues at play. First: negative self-talk. Second: what psychologists call catastrophizing or thinking that something is far worse that it is.
We catastrophize and are negative self-talkers, ourselves. As a small-business owner, if you are, too, you’re less effective. Your creativity drags like molasses in winter and your overall output drops, too.
To help, we spoke with psychologists and other therapists for advice on dealing with these issues.
Read the entire article on Auctiva EDU.
Reward Shoppers with Shipping Discounts
This week, we’re excited to announce a new feature that will help you provide a better shopping experience for Members. It’s called Tiered Shipping.
What is Tiered Shipping?
Tiered shipping is a way for you to provide shipping discounts for every additional item a shopper adds to their shopping cart. Tiered Shipping is set up when you first create a product, and can be edited at any point via the standard Product > Edit functionality in your Merchant Toolkit. Tiered shipping has two elements that you must enter on all listings – a Primary Shipping Cost and an Additional Item Cost.
- The Primary Shipping Cost is the amount a buyer pays when the item is shipped on it’s own.
- The Additional Item Cost is the amount added to the cart of a shopper when items are purchased and shipped together. Additional Item Costs apply when a buyer purchases multiples of the same product or different products from you at the same time.
Setting up Tiered Shipping
If you don’t want to offer a discounted combined shipping cost, you won’t need to make any changes in your toolkit. But if you’d like to start extending this discount to your shoppers, head over to your toolkit, choose to edit a product and navigate to the ‘Shipping’ section for that item (review the image below if you’re unfamiliar)
How does Tiered Shipping work?
Here’s an example of how Tiered Shipping works:
- Item 1
- Primary Shipping Cost = $8.00
- Additional Item Cost = $2.00
- Item 2:
- Primary Shipping Cost = $7.00
- Additional Item Cost = $1.00
- If Item 1 and Item 2 are purchased together, the total Shipping Cost to the buyer is $10.00. We use the highest primary Shipping Cost and it’s specified Additional Item Cost.
- Primary Shipping Cost: $8.00 (higher of the two items)
- Additional Item Cost: $2.00 (specified Additional Item Cost associated with the Primary Item)
- If three of of Item 2 are purchased together, the total combined shipping cost to the buyer is $9.00. Here’s how it breaks out:
- Primary Shipping Cost: $7.00
- Additional Item Cost: $1.00 (2 items ordered) = $2.00
- Total Shipping Cost: $9.00
It’s a proven fact. Posting content to your feed – promotional or anecdotal – will increase your sales. Merchants posting actively to their Followers in their feed sell SIX TIMES more than merchants that don’t post. Also, are you following other merchants? You should! It increases your visibility and will help you gain more Followers.
Check out this post today from Bag the Habit: