|Just in time for the holidays! We’ve been working round-the-clock to remake the marketplace for shoppers and we’re excited to unveil our new look. See details below.
Plus, let us know if you accept exchanges, ensure you’re shipping in time and get set for the busiest shopping days of the season—Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
The New OpenSky.com
Shoppers are in for a treat! The OpenSky marketplace just got a huge makeover. The newly redesigned site features eye-popping collections, a sleek new interface and a totally immersive experience. Here’s a quick look at the new “About Us” page:
Revamping the marketplace is just one of the ways we hope to increase your sales—and while it will be hard to look away from all the pretty things and pops of color, rest assured that the same functionality and information for your store and product pages are still the same. Let us know what you think and stay tuned as we continue to optimize the site.
Offer Exchanges and Keep Your Sales
Shoppers often ask if they can exchange an item rather than returning it. Offering exchanges is a great way to keep the sale and build long-term relationships with customers (especially during the busy holiday season).
We recommend offering exchanges and will help facilitate this by promoting this option on product pages, and working with you and the shopper to find a suitable alternative for each exchange request.
To accept exchanges, simply go to the Orders tab in your Merchant Toolkit, choose whether or not you accept exchanges, and save your settings.
Keep Up the Good Work and Avoid Shipping Penalties
Are you shipping your orders as quickly as possible? Remember, we expect orders to be scanned by a valid carrier within 2 business days of being placed (and customizable products must be shipped within your estimated shipping time). Orders that do not meet these requirements result in shipping time penalties.
You can now review your penalties (if any) in the new Penalties section in your Merchant Toolkit. You’ll also be able to dispute penalties if you don’t think they’re accurate. After each payment period, we’ll send you an email summarizing your penalties for those orders and give you 2 more business days to file disputes. Once we’ve reviewed all disputes, we’ll calculate your final penalty deduction and apply it to your next payment.
Reminder: Extended Holiday Returns Are Here
Starting today, all products with a 14-day return window will automatically be part of our Holiday Returns Program.
This means all items purchased between November 8, 2016 and December 31, 2016, can be returned until January 31, 2017. Remember, any gift a shopper purchases before December 10 would essentially be Final Sale since she would not have enough time to return the item within the 14-day return window. By offering extended holiday returns, you can capture shopper demand early in the season and ensure you’re not missing out on sales.
Get Set for Cyber Week
Lastly, let’s talk Cyber Week, the week which includes Cyber Monday, one of the busiest shopping days of the holiday season.
Historically, this week has been big for online sellers. We expect even more traffic during Cyber Week this year, so we’re running huge promotional events every day that week, as well as the week before (which includes Black Friday).
As we run these, we’ll email shoppers to tell them about our promos and remind them of all the great deals they can find on OpenSky. We’d love to include your products in our events, potentially placing them in dedicated promo emails and landing pages!
All you have to do is set your maximum allowed discount to 30% or more.
To do that:
I hope everyone is having a great week. We’re so excited about how all of our amazing merchants are making the most of their OpenSky experience! It’s time to make sure that your store is as successful as possible and that tons of people are seeing your incredible creations. Here are the week’s updates:
- We Want to Hear From You – We’re always working to make the OpenSky experience the best possible one for our merchants, so we have a few questions we’d like to ask
- Help Us Help You- MERCHANT QUESTIONNAIRE: We’re looking to identify merchants for incredible PR opportunities, so fill our questionnaire so we have all of the information we need to make sure you’re included when these valuable opportunities arise
- It’s Quick and Easy: Click here to complete our simple quick questionnaire
- NEW Merchant Blog – That’s right, we’ve created a new blog to keep you up to date on all things on OpenSky Marketplace
- Community Events – We’re here to help, so take advantage of our weekly merchant outreach events
- OpenOffice – Thursday, August 22nd – 4-6PM at our NYC offices (18 West 18th St., btw 5th and 6th Aves., 9th Floor) RSVP: email@example.com
- OpenDiscussion: Friday, August 23rd at 12PM EST. Dial 559-726-1200 and enter access code 106158. Learn key tips on how to grow your business on OpenSky
- OpenHouse: Our monthly OpenHouse will be Tuesday, September 10th at our global headquarters here in New York. Please make plans to join us at 6PM, 18 West 18th St., btw 5th and 6th Aves., 9th Floor. Sign up here to join us!
- Programming – We’ll be offering Free Shipping from Thursday, August 22nd thru Sunday, August 25th
- How does it work? All products offered by merchants participating in this program will be marked as Free Shipping during this time period and members will enjoy this great incentive! Remember, during this period the merchant is responsible for the shipping cost if you are opted into the program. It’s a great sales driver, so we encourage you to participate!
- How do I participate? To opt in, simply go into your merchant dashboard and click “Account” and then “Details.” Scroll down to Promotional Settings and check the Free Shipping program box if you would like to participate
Finally, if you haven’t taken a look at the awesome video we created on how to grow your business on OpenSky, please check it out here. It’s full of all the information you need to make your store as successful as possible. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any needs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have an amazing week!